Friday, March 6, 2009

Hot Dog!

Nobody likes a free lunch more than the Goad. Couple it with a free lunchtime concert and a sunny downtown day, and I'm a happy camper.

That's exactly what I stumbled into earlier this week thanks to @nashvillest, one of my new favorite twitterers. I follow them, they follow me, see, that way one of us always knows what's happening around town. And I like to be in the know. It's just one of those things with me. The more information the better. It's a sickness really, because there's no way to totally keep up.


This particular event made my week. Here's why: great people watching, I ran into my old friend Stephen Linn and found out he's now at CMT, I saw my old friend Brad Schmidt across the way but didn't get a chance to say hello, I got to take a stroll with my friend Margie Newman, the sun was shining (big plus), downtown was hoppin' and I got this free dog with neon pickle relish. Seriously, what's the deal with the color of that stuff. There's no way that's good for you. Not that hot dogs are good for you, either, but they sure are tasty, aren't they!



It's funny how a simple walk on a sunny day can change your whole attitude and your whole week, but this did it for me. So, my thanks to Universal for hosting this "Downtown Shutdown," as they called it. I know it wasn't for me. It was for all those country radio programmers who were in town for their annual conference. Apparently, as Stephen informed me, 68 percent of all new country hits are still "discovered" by country radio stations. Glad to know there's still some old school discoveries in this manufactured world. Which reminds me, you should have seen some of the big hair and fake tans at this thing. It was off the charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment